Simultaneous interpretation has been critical to communication in the highest echelons of governance – right from International summits, seminars and conferences to speeches of dignitaries and ministers.
World leaders of different nationalities often address their audience in their native tongue via interpreters who can do justice to their speech by interpreting in to languages commonly understood by the audience.
There are different kinds of language interpretation services that are available, depending upon the situation, audience and purpose.
These are as follows:
1. Simultaneous interpretation services include professional interpretation that is provided to audiences simultaneously while the speech in the source language is ongoing. The interpreter receives the speech via earphones (at a conference, e.g.) and interprets the same via microphones to a larger audience. This happens in real-time and provides a smooth output to listeners. This service depends on a lot of specialised hardware equipment and therefore a very planned process and testing devices is required. Relay interpretation is sometimes required, wherein the speaker delivers the speech in language A which is simultaneously interpreted into language B, which is heard by another interpreter who interprets in to language C.
2. Consecutive interpretation services involves the interpreter essentially waiting for the speaker to complete sentences/statements before delivering the necessary interpretation. Consecutive interpretation services are more often used in one-on-one meetings and depositions.
3. Whispering interpretation is a service provided without any equipment and is done with a smaller group of people seated around the interpreter who whispers the interpretation-also known as “chuchotage”.
With the COVID-19 pandemic severely impacting the world and businesses, it comes as no surprise that language interpretation services are required to step up and adapt. If you are curious about how this has happened, interpretation service providers have switched to online meeting rooms such as Zoom and other proprietary platforms to keep up with the demands of professional interpretation.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) has seen an increase in demand owing to the pandemic for those seeking real-time interpretations.
The many advantages of remote simultaneous interpretation include eliminating on-site equipment and interpreters, allowing for a significant reduction in costs. This newer adaptation enables smart devices and cloud technology to create a fantastic experience for all attendees of a formal online event.
The COVID-19 pandemic required quick thinking on the part of frontline language service providers (LSPs). It allowed for the development of RSI platforms that are now extensively used in online meetings and events.
The speaker provides information in one specific language, the speaker’s real time video and voice are streamed live to an interpreter located remotely through a computer or laptop device. The interpreter then uses a quality set of microphones and headsets to interprets the speaker's message to another required language in real-time.
The audience is connected to the RSI platform via their preferred personal device and what they hear is the speech in a language of their own preference.
Multiple benefits of use of remote simultaneous interpretation services include:
1. Significant Reduction in Costs
Those in need of quality interpretation services have reported a significant reduction in costs without any compromise on quality. This is one of the fundamental reasons why many opt for interpretation via RSI platforms.
If you can assure quality interpretation at a discounted price of a regular interpretation service, then why not?
2. Reduction in Admin related work
With absolutely no need to organize accommodation and transportation for professional interpreters, one can spend all efforts and resources booking the right professionals for their services.
This once again contributes to a significant reduction in cost .
3. Environment friendly
Now this one is for all those who are as eco-conscious as us -with reductions in travelling long distances, the carbon footprint emitted for the organization of such events sees a significant decrease and this allows a more eco-friendly business proposition that is also sustainable! !
4. Reduction in use of expensive equipment
One of the amazing advantages of remote simultaneous interpretation, as experienced by many, is no requirement for expensive on-site interpretation equipment. Those who listen to the interpretation at home use their own devices for the same.
5. Geographical Reach
With remote simultaneous interpretation, events that are conducted at different geographical locations can also be catered to by interpreters. This ensures that experienced interpreters from anywhere, globally, can access the event to provide services simply via a personal device, with the only necessity being a solid web connection and good quality audio devices like microphones.
Remote simultaneous interpretation is often used in different online seminars, audits, meetings, panel discussions and conferences. The benefits that ensue with employing this method of interpretation are plenty, as described above. Opting for remote interpretation can thus contribute in the success of global events
This adaptation has made a lot of difference to traditional language service providers and interpreters where the catalyst has been the pandemic.
आजच् आमच्या खालील ई-मेल पत्त्यावर चौकशी करा किंवा आम्हाला फोन करा! firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +91-20-24470509, +91-82370 60559
Similar articles for you...
आमच्या गेल्या महिन्यातील ब्लॉग मध्ये भाषांचे ज्ञान आवश्यक असणाऱ्या करियर क्षेत्रांची माहिती आपल्याला मिळाली. जिथे भाषेचे ज्ञान फायद्याचे ठरते असे इतर व्यवसाय आपण या महिन्यात पाहुयात.
Posted by : Language Services Bureau
The time it takes to learn a language depends on what you want to do with it– here is a great article about language learning and the kind of expectations you can set about the time required for the same!