A reputed software company in Pune, India needed its help documents of an application (approximately 2 lakh words) translated from German to English in a specified Help file format (Fasthelp) within a 6 weeks period.
A technically precise and spotless translation of the industry terminology was required.
- Training: As LSB was new to Fasthelp software, we trained our translators and proof-readers in working with it.
- Teamwork: Four linguists worked on the documents, 2 proof-readers checked whether the translation was correct, consistent and complete as per the original and one QC person reviewed the file layouts at the end.
- Terminology management: As the project was voluminous and many people were working on it, a centralized terminology was prepared and used by everyone.
- Weekly delivery: Translation of lots were sent to the client every week, as per requirements specified.
The client was satisfied with the services provided, as:
- they received the translation in the format required by them, thus facilitating integration in their earlier Help files,
- the translation was submitted on time as specified, and due to weekly deliveries the client could suggest modifications/changes to translation as and when required, which were promptly dealt with and the documents were finalized immediately so that the client could release on time.
- The translation was found consistent and the end client in UK and Germany was happy with the project turnaround.